Friday, July 27, 2012

My Opinion on My Homemade, Natural Deodorant.


So, I all but promised an update. The deodorant seems to be the most logical choice. I had already been using a deodorant spray that uses mineral salt and aloe vera for areas other then my armpits. 
Application for the homemade deodorant is simple, almost just like store-bought stuff. The only real difference is that you have to warm it up in your pit a little before trying to rub it in as (like I mentioned previously) it is kept in the fridge. So far it is working better then the stuff I've been buying…. and I buy the "good" stuff! I really haven't noticed a point where I start to smell, and sometimes I sweat a LOT.
As I sweat throughout the day the first thing I start to smell it the coconut oil, so if coconut is not a smell you like then this deodorant is not for you! At times, later in the day, I can smell a whiff of the essential oils I added. I don't know if I feel anymore wet OR dry then normal, but it is not enough for me to get bothered by it, and getting too sweaty/smelly is something I am pretty conscious about…..
I am a fan of the deodorant spray I am using as well. I plan on continuing to use that product. :)

SO. To wrap it up… Overall I feel that in regards to performance this is a better choice. Considering you can get almost a quart of coconut oil for less then $7, that the other ingredients are SUPER cheap (especially in the quantities used), and that this yielded more then a normal-sized "stick" of deodorant, it is a better choice value wise. Just add that this is a more natural, and I'm thinking more eco-friendly choice this is MORE then worth the fact you have to store it in the fridge. :) Totally great and easy way to dip your toes into to natural and/or diy water. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment